Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Michelle's America

I found Michelle Obama to be very charming and engaging in her interview with Larry King the other night. Even when Larry through her a curve ("Did you hear McCain might pick Condi Rice as his running mate? Why no Larry I had not) she sliced it into left field for a clean single.

But something happens to people when they stand in front of rabid fans.
For the first time in my adult lifetime, I'm proud of my country. And not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change. And I have been desperate to see our country moving in that direction. And just not feeling so alone in my frustration and disappointment I've seen people who are hungry to be unified around some basic, common issues and it's made me proud.

Two great commentaries on this this morning. One via powerlineblog.
The other from the Weekly Standard.
Instead of seeing America as a place which afforded her the opportunity to create a blessed life, Mrs. Obama seems to view it as a place where some "people" are always trying to hold her back. Whoever these "people" are, we should be glad they haven't been successful.