Friday, March 14, 2008

The Common Thread Between the Obamas' Comments and Wright



Yet another update on the connection between the "Rev" Wright and Senator Obama.
First this from Jim Geraghty ... the question is ... how much influence has Wright had on the Obama family over the last 20 years?

"Finally, we've previously heard an unorthodox assessment of the American character from Michelle Obama; that, we were told, was a poor word choice or that she couldn't have meant what she actually said. Well, now we're hearing about how rotten a place America is from Obama's pastor as well as from his wife. It's getting harder and harder to believe Barack Obama himself doesn't at least partially share their opinion."

Then this from HotAir:
“What I value most about Pastor Wright is not his day-to-day political advice,” Obama said. “He’s much more of a sounding board for me to make sure that I am speaking as truthfully about what I believe as possible and that I’m not losing myself in some of the hype and hoopla and stress that’s involved in national politics.”