Friday, March 14, 2008

Obama Calls Chicago Pastor’s Statements ‘Inflammatory and Appalling’


See the full article on FoxNews. He can't even step up and denounce him. Here's a few of his quotes of his statement with my favorite parts bolded. He'll only denounce what we've found out so far. Gee, do you think this is the ONLY time the "Rev." has made comments like this??? He came to these opinions overnight??? I DONT THINK SO!!! But Sen. Obama will only apologize for the offensive comments we know of. He might've just as well said, I'll only apologize for the things you find out, until you prove it and call me on it, only then will I think of a statement - and at that, I'll think of some wording I can back out of later.

“Let me say at the outset that I vehemently disagree and strongly condemn the statements that have been the subject of this controversy,”

In sum, I reject outright the statements by Rev. Wright that are at issue.” Read more here.

~Post by Mel

Update by Jim: As it turns out Mel is right. Barack knew Wright was a loose cannon.