Thursday, March 13, 2008

Greetings from Mel

I’m Melissa Weaver, otherwise known as Mel, contributing editor to Radio Vice Online. Born and raised in CT, I joined the CT Army NG in 1997 as an MP where I spent 8 years including a year in Baghdad at the beginning of the war (2003-2004). Upon returning I’ve taken up an interest in politics, more specifically on how politics are affecting the war and the troops on the ground. I believe the missions in Iraq and Afghanistan are essential to our security and freedom here in this wonderful country of the United States of America. My belief in the mission and our fine troops on the ground have driven me to become the State Captain of Vets for Freedom and stay involved the great talk show Sound Off CT on WTICAM1080 with Jim Vicevich where Jim’s been nice enough to let me co-host occasionally over the past few years.

I am now on every Thurs from 10a-noon, be sure to tune in, you’ll never know what I’m going to say next!!!

~Post by Mel